About the Role
You will work collaboratively with product managers, designers, and engineers to drive the delivery of client solutions in .NET and various other technologies. The ideal candidate is an expert in their field, is passionate about coaching up those around them, and firmly believes in writing clean, testable code.
About the Team – Rangeland
The Rangeland team builds industry-leading quoting tools for the premier crop insurance agency in the US. Leveraging WPF with Azure cloud technologies, we ensure our client’s agents are empowered with the best tools and support so that they can serve ag producers with custom-tailored risk-mitigation strategies. The Rangeland team specifically builds innovative tools that deeply analyze historical rainfall records to devise coverage strategies with the highest probability of risk protection. We work closely with users to identify their needs, pain points, and desires; then apply intuitive design concepts, automation, and performance tuning to provide the best UX.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Aid in the discovery process, engaging with users and collaborating with product managers and designers to determine optimal solutions.
- Assist with breaking down design wireframes and functional requirements into manageable increments of work.
- Assist engineering teammates with overcoming technical blockers.
- Lead pair or mob programming sessions with other engineers.
- Drive the readability, scalability, and maintainability of solutions
- Mentor mid-level and junior engineers.
- Work directly with customers and contacts (both technical and non-technical) to better assess their needs.
- Be accountable for the documentation of solutions, such as readme, process, and system descriptions.
- Perform analysis of complex bugs.
- Select and implement CI/CD tooling.
- 5+ years working on technology-powered products as a software engineer.
- Strong knowledge and application of modern software architectures.
- Strong experience with C#; expert level in at least one framework.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn modern technologies, follow trends, and incorporate best practices.
- Proven ability to engage with users, engineers, designers, and product managers in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Have an eye for possibilities and know how to meet the needs of the customer.
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Be self-empowered & know when to escalate issues appropriately.
- Be assertive.
Nice to Have:
- WPF/MVVM experience
- Experience with web API technologies (REST or GraphQL)
- Solid Azure experience, including AppServices and Function apps
- Experience with Angular
- Big data experience
- Experience in developing enterprise software systems
Winona IT has a comprehensive benefits program that includes Health, vision, and dental insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan, short-term and long-term disability coverage, generous vacation, flexible schedules, remote work, company paid holidays, and training and development opportunities.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our product teams