The primary purpose of the Help Desk Technician is to respond to and resolve help desk tickets in a timely and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor help desk ticket system for incoming tickets.
- Respond to and resolve HelpDesk tickets and calls in a timely manner per predefined SLA’s.
- Escalate tickets unable to be resolved to senior members of the team.
- Perform remote assistance and technical troubleshooting
- Execute problem solving workflow for new and unfamiliar tickets.
- Administer copier, phone, badge/fob, printer, and computer requests as needed.
- Troubleshoot and resolve/escalate O365 administration and network/infrastructure tickets.
- Provide on-site support for customer tickets and issues as needed.
- Be available for project implementation and support, as assigned by supervisor or project team.
- Place orders for customer and company equipment utilizing defined workflows and documentation.
- Document new solutions to problems and cross train team members.
- Respond to company communication in a timely manner, included but not limited to Emails, Teams, etc.
- Available for after-hour projects and maintenance as required by supervisor.
- Able to work in close collaboration with support team members.
- Available to serve one-week rotations of on-call hours on HelpDesk, which covers 5 PM-10 PM on weekdays, 8 AM-10 PM on Saturdays, and 12 PM-5 PM on Sundays, excluding employees that are enrolled in school.
- Minimum of 4 weeks travel time as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Ability to deal tactfully with various personalities.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to hold phone conversations and clearly articulate in a professional manner.
- Ability to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing excellent customer service, computer, software and data processing techniques.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral instructions.
- Ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Have working knowledge of computers, data entry, output, etc.
- Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- 6-8 Months Technical Experience
- CompTIA A+, Net+